Jostens will be holding a Senior meeting for all graduating seniors to give out information about graduation cap and gowns, graduation announcements, school rings, etc. on January 14th from 11:55 to 12:20 in the auditorium.
Jostens will then return to our school on Wed., and Thurs., January 20th & 21st to take orders. They would like those whos last name begins with A through M to order your items on Wed. the 20th and last names beginning with N through Z to order on Thursday the 21st between 7:15 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. in the commons.
Preference – January 23rd 8:00 – 11:00. Theme is Gatsby’s House Part. Come in your best 1920s dress. Cost is $20 presale and $25 at the door.
Attention any student interested in the STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineer, Math). The counseling office is sponsoring a field trip to IM Flash on January 15t . IM Flash is a leader in their field in building Flash Memory technology. For more information see Mrs. Jacobs in the Career Center.
Scholarships – Seniors, there are several scholarship opportunities currently available! Come see Mrs. Jacobs in the Career Center. A few examples:
- Why Should you start a blog essay ($1,500)
- IM Flash scholarship for students going into STEM field. (10 scholarships of $1,000 each)
- Jiffy Lube what drives you (one $5,000 and one $1,500)
- ACLU activist scholar (two worth $1,500 each)
- UIAAA student athlete scholarship (5 scholarships worth $1,500 each)
- Nudge Scholarship for NHS (one $500 to an OHS student)
- Nudge Scholarship for FBLA (one $500 scholarship to an OHS student)
NHS Students – Reminder that service hours are due to Mrs. Cragun by January 12th. Next service project is January 13th.
Keys to Success Scholarships – r
UVU/MATC – $2,000
Paul Mitchell $1,000
SLCC – $1,000
SUU – $1,000
Bill Pope STEM – $1,000
See Career Center for applications.